Saturday 23 April 2011

Hello to the Rat Angel Blog


This is the start of my blog. I’m not sure yet what you’ll get to read here but I hope you’ll find it interesting.

Today we went to the cinema and watched ‘Oranges & Sunshine’. A film about the children that have been deported on a large scale from the UK to Australia especially during the 1950s. The film was emotionally very intense.

There were a lot of times during the film when I had tears in my eyes. But what specifically gets me was hearing how these children were treated by charitable and Christian organisations. How can people who preach Christian values partake in the torture of children is a mystery to me. What I find even more unfathomable is that there was no control to prevent this kind of abuse. That when it all came to light the governments and organisations involved didn’t want to take responsibility for any of it didn’t surprise me in the least.

I don’t want to rant about this any more. I just find it very difficult to cope with double standards. 

No comments:

Post a Comment