Monday 9 May 2011

Drifting

We run an eBay shop. Apart from the general aggro you get with running a business and one on eBay to boot, now is the time of year when activity in the shop is diminishing meaning our income is shrinking from month to month and will not be picking up until October.

I always find this stressful and also demotivating. So from working very disciplined and organised I start drifting, doing a bit of this and a bit that. |At the end of most days though, there is no sense of achievement. This leads to something like mild depression and undermines motivation. Bad combination.

In previous years I made myself start decorating - we have quite a big house and there is always something to do - but I developed carpal tunnel syndrome two years ago and am now apprehensive lest it gets worse again.

I think I'll give myself another two weeks when I'll start making lists again. Good motivator for me, a clear idea what can/needs to be done and when I cross of items I know I've achieved something. And apart from a lot of other things hopefully by the end of the summer my stairwell will shine in a new coat of paint.

No comments:

Post a Comment